These super tasty and simple-to-make fishcakes are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The ingredients are light and fresh - perfect for the start of spring/summer.
They are packed with healthy protein and anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids from the salmon. And the sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants and beta carotene, which gets converted into vitamin A to support your immune function and eye health
400g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
240g salmon fillets
150g frozen peas
Large handful fresh coriander/ parsley, chopped
Coconut oil for frying
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray, toss them in the olive oil and roast until they are soft, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the salmon for approximately 10 minutes and the peas until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add the peas and coriander / parsley. Mix together.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and finely flake it into the potato mixture. Combine it gently.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape them into patties.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan and fry the fishcakes over a medium-high heat for approximately 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve with a green salad and a wedge or two of lemon.