Eating healthily doesn't mean having to say goodbye to all sweet treats.
If you do need a snack before your next meal then try these delicious flapjacks for a little indulgence without spiking your blood sugar.
They're packed with healthy protein and fat from the nuts. And the oats will give you some slow-release carbs to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
150g rolled oats
50g dried unsweetened cranberries/ mulberries/ raisins
2 tsp baking powder
2cm fresh ginger
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
75g coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160ᵒC.
- Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with parchment.
- Chop/ bash the hazelnuts and almonds. Place in a large bowl with the oats, dried fruit, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
- Peel and grate the fresh ginger and add to the bowl. Mix together until well combined.
- Stone and roughly chop the dates and add to the bowl.
- Gently heat the coconut oil and stir in the maple syrup. Mix well before adding to the bowl. Mix everything together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin, pressing it into the edges.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 mins until golden brown around the edges.
- Cut into portions while still warm & enjoy!